1. Identity of the seller
Posthoornslak 12, 3824 HN Amersfoort;
Telephone number: +31681112859
Chamber of Commerce number: 78517893
VAT identification number: NL003340877B91
These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the seller and to every distance contract concluded between the seller and the consumer.
Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded that the general terms and conditions may be viewed at the seller, and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
If the distance contract is concluded electronically, in derogation of the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions may be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in a simple way on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded where the general terms and conditions may be accessed electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions the consumer may always invoke the applicable provision that is most favorable to him.
3. The offer
If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the seller uses images, these are an accurate representation of the products and/or services offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the seller.
Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- any costs of delivery;
- the manner in which the agreement will be concluded, and which actions are required for that purpose;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable;
- the method of payment, delivery and execution of the agreement;
- the period for accepting the offer, or the period within which the seller guarantees the price;
- the level of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technology for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the regular basic rate for the means of communication used;
- whether the agreement will be archived after its conclusion, and if so, how it can be accessed by the seller;
- the way in which the consumer, before concluding the agreement, can verify and, if desired, restore the data provided by him within the framework of the agreement;
- the codes of conduct to which the seller is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically;
- and the minimum duration of the distance agreement in the case of a continuing performance contract.
Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, the agreement is concluded at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and compliance with the corresponding conditions.
If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the seller immediately confirms receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the seller has not confirmed receipt of this acceptance, the consumer may terminate the agreement.
If the agreement is concluded electronically, the seller will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data, and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer is able to pay electronically, the seller will take appropriate security measures.
The seller may—within the confines of the law— make inquiries as to whether the consumer is able to meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. If on the basis of this investigation the seller has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he shall be entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the execution of the agreement.
With the product or service to the consumer, the seller will include the following information in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:
- the visiting address of the establishment of the seller to which the consumer may address any complaints;
- the conditions under which and the way in which the consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
- the information about guarantees and existing service after purchase;
- the data included in Article 4 paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, unless the seller has already provided these data to the consumer prior to the execution of the agreement;
- the requirements for cancelling the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
In the case of an continuing performance contract, the provision in the previous paragraph shall apply only to the first delivery.
5. Right of withdrawal
When delivering products: When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the agreement without giving any reason for 48 hours. This reflection period starts on the day following receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative, designated in advance by the consumer and made known to the seller.
During the reflection period, the consumer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he exercises his right of withdrawal, he will return the product to the seller with all accessories supplied and—if reasonably possible—in the original condition and packaging, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the seller. See Article 7 for specific explanation of the right of withdrawal.
A product ordered on the website may be returned within two weeks after it has been delivered to the buyer (note the above exception: if the product has been delivered defective or incomplete, the buyer must send an email to Bleached Renaissance, and wait for further instructions). But this doesn’t apply on the ‘bleached’ products. These are the products that are exclusively bleached and are one of a kind and can’t be returned.
The right to return the product only applies if the product and the packaging can be returned in the same condition as when it was delivered. The buyer is only permitted to open the package or use the product to be able to decide whether he/she wishes to keep the product.
The buyer is responsible for the return of the order and bears all risks related to the shipment. The costs to return the order are for the buyer. In case an insured return goes missing, is damaged, or the delivery is refused (for example, if a valid signature for receipt cannot be presented by the carrier), the buyer has the option to hold the carrier responsible. In this case, as the sender of the return shipment, the buyer must initiate a complaints procedure with the transport company that he or she has used for the return shipment. The buyer must keep the proof of shipment, including the track & trace details of the insured return shipment, so that he/she can hold the carrier liable if the return shipment is missing or damaged or if receipt of the return shipment is disputed.
When delivering services: When delivering services, the consumer has the option of dissolving the agreement without giving any reason for at least thirty days, starting on the day of entering into the agreement.
To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer must comply with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the seller with the offer and/or at the latest upon delivery.
7. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
The seller can exclude the consumer’s right of withdrawal to the extent provided for in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the seller has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in a timely manner before the conclusion of the agreement.
Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- that have been established by the seller in accordance with the consumer’s specifications;
- that are clearly personal in nature;
- that cannot be returned due to their nature;
- that can spoil or age quickly;
- whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the seller has no influence;
- for individual newspapers and magazines;
- for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
- concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant business, or leisure activities to be carried out on a certain date or during a certain period;
- the delivery of which has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the reflection period has expired;
- concerning betting and lotteries.
8. The price
The seller has the possibility to increase the price of the product with every patch of clothing he sells or with every collection he sells online. He cannot change the price of the total batch or collection when it is already online and up for sale.
In deviation of the previous paragraph, the seller can offer products or services of which the prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the seller has no influence, with variable prices. This link with fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
Discount codes cannot be used in combination with current promotions or offers, unless excepted by Bleached Renaissance. Codes cannot be used on previously placed orders and are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit. To use a discount code, it must be entered before the order is completed.
Discount codes are valid for a year.
Price increases within three months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
Price increases from three months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the seller has stipulated this and:
- these are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
- the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement effective from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
The prices stated in the range of products or services are inclusive of VAT.
9. Conformity and warranty
The seller guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability, and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement and/or government regulations. If agreed, the seller also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
A warranty provided by the seller, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer is able to assert against the seller under the agreement.
10. Delivery and warranty
When delivering the order, the seller does charge shipping costs.
The Netherlands: If the package fits the mailbox the charge will be €4,50, for a package that doesn’t fit the mailbox the charge will be €7, -.
Germany, Belgium & Luxembourg: A package without track & trace will be charged €13, –
United States & rest of the world: A package without track & trace will be charged €11, –
United Kingdom: Not available at the moment.
The seller will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the seller. To prevent problems concerning the delivery (incorrectly entered addresses, no persons present at shipping address, etc.), a buyer must enter the address details correctly. In the case of incorrect or incorrectly entered address details, Bleached Renaissance is not liable for the delayed delivery time of the order.
With due observance of what is stated about this in Article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the seller will execute accepted orders with due speed but at the latest within 30 days unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the contract without costs and is entitled to possible compensation.
In the event of termination in accordance with the previous paragraph, the seller will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after dissolution.
In the event that the order is delivered incomplete or defective, the buyer must notify Bleached Renaissance immediately by telephone or email as soon as possible (within 24 hours after the order has been received). Subsequently, Bleached Renaissance will handle the case; the buyer must always inform Bleached Renaissance and wait for instructions. A buyer who returns the product at his own expense, without informing Bleached Renaissance and waiting for instructions Bleached Renaissance, cannot claim any reimbursement of costs incurred by the buyer, nor hold Bleached Renaissance responsible for the return shipment.
In the event that a buyer receives a product that he/she has not ordered, the buyer must inform Bleached Renaissance as soon as possible (within 24 hours after the order has been delivered). The buyer must arrange for the product to be returned after he or she has received instructions from Bleached Renaissance. Bleached Renaissance will then bear the costs of the return shipment and will have a new product sent to the buyer, if these are in stock.
11. Extended transactions: duration, cancellation, and extension
- The consumer may at all times terminate an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a notice period of at most one month.
- The consumer may at all times terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a cancellation period of one month at most.
- With respect to the agreements referred to in the previous paragraphs, the consumer may:
– cancel them at any time and not be limited to cancellation at a specific time or in a specific period;
– at least cancel them in the same way as they have been entered into by him;
– always cancel them with the same notice period as the seller has stipulated for himself.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a specific duration.
- By way of derogation from the previous paragraph, an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a specific duration of a maximum of three months, if the consumer may cancel this extended agreement at the end of the extension with a notice period of at most one month.
- An agreement for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be extended tacitly for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with notice of one month and a notice of up three months if the agreement is about regularly, but less than once a month, delivering daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily newspapers, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically after the trial or introductory period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may cancel the agreement at any time after one year with a cancellation period of at most one month, unless reasonableness and fairness preclude cancellation before the end of the agreed duration.
Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within two weeks after the start of the reflection period as referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period commences after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
When selling products to consumers, general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment of more than 50%. When an advance payment is stipulated, the consumer cannot assert any rights regarding the execution of the relevant order or service(s), before the advance payment has been made.
The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated to the seller. In the event of default on the part of the consumer, the seller has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable costs previously communicated to the consumer.
13. Complaints procedure
The seller has a well-publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaint’s procedure.
Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted promptly, fully and clearly described to the seller, after the consumer has found the defects.
Complaints submitted to the seller will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the seller will respond within a period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
Warranty and repair
Bleached Renaissance offers a guarantee period of two weeks. The warranty guarantees the buyer that the product meets requirements of usability, reliability, and durability. The warranty does not apply to the following cases:
– The product has been damaged by inattention or improper use by the buyer.
– Damage caused by a repair or modification by a third party without the consent of Bleached Renaissance.
– Breakage or damage caused by water or fire.
– External changes due to normal use of the product.
In case of questions about warranty, the buyer can always contact Bleached Renaissance via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bleached Renaissance is not liable for damage or other compensation in connection with defects of the agreement due to events that cannot be attributed to Bleached Renaissance. Non-liability applies, among others, to cases of government intervention, new/modified legislation, war, fire, flood, strikes, prohibition, sabotage, weather conditions, defects in the delivery of suppliers and impediment by criminal activities.
If the complaint cannot be resolved in mutual consultation, a dispute arises that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
Agreements between the seller and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply, shall exclusively be governed by the laws of the Netherlands.
15. Additional or deviating provisions
Additional or deviating provisions from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.